So if you know me, you may already know that I am a big animal lover. I also love subscription box services. So when those two go together I am all 🙂 !!! BarkBox is a popular subscription service for dogs. I contemplated getting this for awhile but I never did until now because of the high price factor, but on Cyber Monday they had a promotion going on! I ended up signing up for a 3 month subscription for a pretty good price. I got mine for $14/month for 3 months.
- $29 for 1 month
- $24/month for 3 months
- $19/month for 6 months
Their website is: https://barkbox.com/ (the pictures above are from their website)
If you’re new to my blog I got a Shiba Inu puppy whom I named Mirya (Meere-Rah) October of this year. She just turned 5 months on December 7th. She joined my 3 year old cat Molly.
Well let us get to the review…
Since this photo is hard to read I will share with you the products Mirya received.
- Simply Fido: Simply Fido toys are much-loved by BarkBox subscribers for their adorable, interactive design. Tug, squeak, and snuggle away! They’re a favorite of Mother Earth as well, since they’re made with organic, non-toxic materials and low-impact, AZO-free dyes! (simplyfido.com)
- GoDog: Colorful, fuzzy, and squeaky, your pup is bound to become best friends with his new Yeti toy. We know- it’s counterintuitive for pups and mythical mountain monsters to become snuggle buddies, but if anyone can melt an ice giant’s heart, it’s probably your lil guy. (godogfun.com)
- Planet Dog: These Planet Dog treats are every bit as delicious and decadent as chicken pot pie itself, without any wheat, corn, or soy! Every biscuit is a feast in itself. Fun Fact: did you know pumpkin is a natural digestive aid and stomach-soother? (http://www.planetdog.com)
- Bistro Bites: Based in Fairfax, Virginia, Bistro Bites caters to pups on the smaller end of the size spectrum. Featuring healthy, size-appropriate goodies that are perfect for tiny mouths and itty bitty bites, these treats are wheat-free, gluten free, high in protein, and perfectly portioned. (http://www.bistro-bites.com/)
- Barkworthies: Made with 100% beef bladder, Barkworthies junior bully sticks are a BarkBox subscriber favorite. Pups find them both long-lasting and delicious! No chemicals or preservatives are used, making them a clear winner over other chews like rawhide. (www.barkworthies.com)
So as you can tell Mirya was very excited to get her first BarkBox. She gave it her paw stamp of approval and will be waiting for another BarkBox to come!
So here is what I think of it!
- neat idea for animal lovers and subscription box lovers
- high quality toys that will last with Mirya and her love of chewing
- high quality treats with good ingredients that are made in the USA
- good amount of items included (full sized treat bags and not samples sized)
- customization for size of dog (I picked small because she is still a puppy and will be around 15 to 20 pounds full grown)
- BarkBox donates to dogs in need
- price (even though I got it for a reasonable price because of Cyber Monday, I think the original price is a lot!)
- What about the cats? This isn’t really a con about this box. But I think that this company should make a MeowBox because our kitties like treats and toys too! My cat Molly got a 3 month subscription to Pawalla during the summer which I really liked but that company has now closed down 😦 !
- I really don’t have that many bad things to say about this box. Shipping was good, quality is there, and Mirya is happy 🙂
What Mirya and Molly got in their Christmas stockings! Mirya probably didn’t need these toys because of her BarkBox but I got these toys awhile ago. But hey Mirya likes to chew and she needs toys all over because I don’t want her picking my woodwork to chew on instead because of boredom.
That concludes the end of this post! I will do more posts on BarkBox as the boxes come! So stay tuned! Also let me know if you have tried BarkBox! Also let me know if you have tried any other pet subscription services.
Brittany, Mirya, & Molly
The Beauty Deputy