I thought that I would share this fun easy idea with you all. It is quite a different type of post for this beauty blog, but I thought it would be fun to share, with it being Easter on Sunday. I decided to make bunnies and chick candy treats! I saw this idea on Youtube by SoCraftastic. I am not craftsy what so ever, but that would have been awesome if I was as creative as this lovely lady. I would have loved it if I came up with this idea myself. I did do mine a little differently than she did hers in the video.
ITEMS I USED
- Wilton Candy Melts in Yellow and Colorburst Pastels
- Orange Starbursts Minis
- Wilton Pink Sugar Sprinkles
- Wilton Black Sparkle Gel
- Rold Gold Tiny Twists Pretzels
MAKING THE BUNNIES
I thought that it would be fun to get the Colorburst Pastel melts instead of the generic white ones. I really like the way that it makes them look with all the colorful pieces!
1. Line pretzels out on parchment paper. (I couldn’t find the parchment paper at first so I used aluminum foil, but later on found the parchment paper.)
2. Place candy melts in a microwavable bowl.
3. Melt the candy melts in the microwave. I started with 30 seconds to a minute with microwave time. They don’t take very long to melt.
4. Apply the melted candy melts to the pretzels with spoon.
5. Allow melted candy to set. (If you would rather use chocolate chips for eyes apply those before the candy sets.)
6. Take a toothpick and add a little more melted candy to where the pink part of the ears should be. (I feel like this works better because then the sugar sticks to only that part, otherwise if I applied the sugar before letting the rest of it set, it would be a sugary mess.)
7. Take the gel and make eyes, a nose, and a mouth.
8. Let the candy harden. The gel takes awhile to harden so be careful not to mess up the faces.
I will show you how they turned out at the end of this post!
MAKING THE CHICKS
I thought that these were adorable and also perfect for Easter!
1. Add pretzels onto the parchment paper, but place them more on their side.
2. Place candy in a microwavable bowl.
3. Melt candy the same way as described above.
4. Add melted candy to pretzels.
5. Cut up orange Starbursts into tiny pieces for a beak.
6. While candy is still soft, add the Starbursts to the chick’s beak area.
7. Let candy set.
8. Add eyes with gel.
So how did they turn out?!? Aren’t they super cute?!?!?
As you can see this was really easy and not time consuming at all. They’re super delicious and a nice little treat. I love the salty sweet combo! It will have guests coming back for more and more. They are also a quick simple idea that a lot of kids would love to make.
Comment and let me know what you thought of these! Also, make sure you Instagram me or tweet me if you decide to make these! My usernames for both Twitter and Instagram is @brittany72416! Links are also down below of all my social media sites!
Also, don’t forget to check out my previous posts from this month during the #30daysofthebeautydeputy
Don’t forget to enter my GIVEAWAY!!