I just wanted to share with you all what I did during this past weekend because it was a lot of fun! I also postponed my no-buy because of the Ulta sale. I know I know! My no-buy post will be coming up tomorrow so make sure to check that out. Anyway so this past weekend my parents planned on going to go to my brother and sister in law’s house to watch my 2 nieces because they had to go to the cities. I decided to go with. I don’t get to see my nieces as often as I would like because we live 1 hr and 20 minutes away which isn’t that bad, but still life gets busy. So I jumped on the opportunity to go visit them. I also brought Mirya with. Maddie went over to my grandmas. She gets car sick. My grandma also checked on Molly while we were gone.
Of course we watched Frozen! But, we decided to get into character which was fun! My older niece dressed up as Elsa and my younger niece was Anna. I feel like they make a perfect Elsa and Anna. Comment if you agree?!?
They of course sang along and danced to the songs. My brother said, “Frozen is a movie that has really paid for itself, they have watched it a million times.”
Then my other brother and my sister in law picked me up and we went out for supper. We also made a few stops at some stores which is where I decided to postpone my no buy. I really wanted to get some dotting tools for nail art. I couldn’t find them anywhere in my hometown. We went to a huge craft store because I thought I could find them there, nope. They had a bunch of nail polish, but the lady there looked at me like I was making up the fact that there was such things as dotting tools. My brother is very smart because he piped up and said, “isn’t there a store at the mall?” Of course! Sally’s Beauty Supply. We went there and I got exactly what I wanted. We also went to Petsmart and got a harness for Miss Mirya Mae. She also got 2 toys. Can’t go to Petsmart and not get toys! Mirya and Molly also got tags for their collars. After supper we went back to their house for a bit and talked, then went back to my other brothers house. My nieces were already asleep at that time so we all sat downstairs and talked and watched some tv. I love family time!
Spring is here! It was so nice outside. Of course there is still a lot of snow outside, but it was 50F-60F outside. That made for a lot of snow meltage. I don’t think that is a word, but I’m going with it. There were a ton of kids playing outside in my brothers neighborhood. We decided to test out Mirya’s harness and we all went for a walk/wagon ride. My brother and sister in law came back from the cities around lunch time. I also let my niece do my makeup, which is something that she was super ecstatic about. I will be posting that post sometime this month. 🙂 Mirya had a lot of fun outside going for a walk, although all the commotion outside was very overstimulating for her. On our way home we stopped at Ulta for their 20% sale. Darn Ulta and their sale tempting me. Therefore, I am postponing my no-buy! All I can say is April Fools! Lol! Also, I decided to go back to Petsmart because I wanted to get the matching leash that matched her harness. The day before I had forgotten to pick one up. I also wanted to bring her in the store because that is what pet people do that live by a Petsmart. I live an hour or so away and I had Mirya with so why not? Mirya was such a good pup inside and she met a few other puppies! She even got another toy or 2! I of course picked up a toy for Molly.
What I got from Sally’s Beauty Supply
- ASP Nail Art 4 Pack Brush Set: thought these nail brushes would come in handy for doing nail art as well.
- Cina Nail Art Marble Dotting Tool: this is what I was looking for! Finally I was able to find some! There is a variety of sizes so that will come in handy!
- Beauty Secrets Nail Polish & Art Wheels: thought these would come in handy with practicing nail art.
- Hands Down Ultra Nail Pads: thought these would be useful because they’re a pad that you can use without getting all that cotton all over. Sometimes my nails get ruined because a tiny bit of cotton from the cotton balls/pads get on my nail. These are super nice because there is a nice little tab and 1 of these can be used to remove all 10 nails of nail polish.
- I also got a nail streamer polish set off of Amazon awhile ago so I’m all set with nail art!
What I got from Ulta
- Butter London Nail Lacquer in Lovely Jubbly: I blame this purchase on The Feminine Files! If you haven’t check out her blog you should because she is amazing! You can find her blog post on this polish here. I just thought that the color was gorgeous! I have never tried a Butter London polish so I am super excited!
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil: I got the color Uzi because I needed a nice gray eyeliner. I has some shimmer in it and I just loved the swatch.
- Too Faced Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick: I saw a YouTube video on these and I wanted to try out the neutral color. So I got mine is the color Melted Nude. I was also really impressed with the swatch.
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette: I was debating on either this palette or the new Urban Decay electric palette. Yes, I know they’re on totally opposite sides of the spectrum. I decided on this one, because I will get more use out of this one and plus it smells like chocolate! I also saw a picture of an eye look that Xparkage made with this palette and it looked gorgeous! I’ve also seen a ton of amazing reviews on this gem!
Remember during my last haul, I told you I was ordering the Pantone Universe color of the year palette! Well so far I’m loving it! Review to come!
So as you can tell I had a fun weekend! It went by way to fast! My weekends off always go by way too fast. Comment and let me know if you have tried any of these products and what you thought of my adorable nieces as Elsa and Anna. What did you do this past weekend! Also, don’t forget to check out my GIVEAWAY post! You can find it here. Also don’t forget that there will be 30 days of The Beauty Deputy which started April 1st. #30daysofthebeautydeputy