It is time for another blog hop!! This time we decided to do Spring Product Picks as our topic, which is very fitting for this time of year. Although, looking outside I feel like Spring is so far away. Even though I see a little (brown) grass, there is mostly snow. I still have been using some products of mine that scream Spring! The Winter colors are long gone and it is time for Spring! I am going to share with you all a variety of items that I will be using this Spring such as: makeup, clothing, accessories, and much more.
During the winter months, I tend to wear a lot of neutral colors and I got a lot of use out of my Naked palettes and my Sigma warm neutrals palette. Although, I feel like I could still use those palettes in Spring, I am more excited about colorful eye shadow looks. Bye bye neutrals! Hello color!
My favorite makeup item is eye shadow. If you have been following my blog, you probably know that is no surprise! It is my favorite part of makeup application because I love finding my creativity with my eye looks! If I am going to apply makeup, I will never skip eye shadow. I do have quite a few makeup palettes. I almost didn’t include all these, but I really think that they’re perfect for Spring. I love the colors in all of them!
Aren’t the colors gorgeous?!? I feel like all these colors are perfect for Spring.
Stila In The Garden Palette
I love this palette because I can make a multitude of looks. My favorite shadows in this palette are the green ones, also the purple toned one that reminds me of the color of the year (radiating orchid).
Inglot Freedom System
I picked out the shadows to fill my palette, and as you can see, I went for brighter colors. I have a variety of colors such as: mint green, an orchid color, and many more.
Urban Decay The Great and Powerful Oz Glinda Palette
I love this palette! I also love this movie! My favorite shadows include: the purple shadow and the pink shadow.
Kat Von D Esperanza Palette
I got this palette mostly for the purple and mint green shadow. This palette has a variety of colors that end up working together in this palette. I love the purple color making it perfect for Spring!
Sigma Creme De Couture Palette
This was a limited edition palette inspired by macaroons. I feel like they should have waited and released this palette now because it has such bright, fun colors. They released it last year, around Fall time, which didn’t really make sense.
Sigma Flare Palette
I love this palette for the colors that it includes, especially the purple shadows. I haven’t got much use out of the other colors in this palette, but I look forward to finding my creativity with it.
A look closer at the colors…
The Balm How ‘Bout Them Apples?
How adorable is this palette’s packaging? The Balm always does amazing things with packaging! I don’t really use cream blushes that often so there is still learning in process on application. It will be fun using this palette this Spring.
Pixi Beauty Blush in No. 3 Perkiest Pink
Got this blush on clearance at Target. I’m glad that I picked this blush up, because the color is amazing. It is a super nice Springy pink.
Sleek Blusher in Coral
Of course, I needed to include my coral Sleek blush. Love this blusher that I got in my box swap. Such a gorgeous coral blush color!
Clinique Cheek Pop in Plum Pop
If this blush doesn’t scream Spring, than I don’t know what does? It is shaped as a lovely daisy flower and the color is gorgeous!
Pacifica Lip Tints ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
I love these! I started out with the color, Guava Berry and I have almost used that one up. I decided to get more of them since I love them so much. I will be doing a review on these lovelies! So make sure to check back! They’re so easy to use and perfect for Spring time. This is a product that I sent to Effie in my box swap!
Maybelline Color Elixir in Dashing Orchid
This is perfect because it is the color of the year. Gives such a nice color to the lips and so far I’m loving the texture.
Nyx Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait
Nyx Butter Glosses are amazing! They also smell amazing as well! I will be posting a review on these soon!
Julep Lip Gloss in Enchanted
Love the color of this gloss! It is sure Enchanted!
Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lip Gloss in Lovechild
I got this gloss awhile ago when it first came out. I haven’t worn it much because I think that it is more fitting for Spring-time.
I got most of this clothing at Maurices or Vanity, except for the scrubs shown. For Spring, I am excited to bring out the fun colors such as: pinks, orange, turquoise, and many more. Of course, I had to show a few Spring dresses (more like Summer) because I can’t wait for the snow to melt. As you can see, I took these photos by the window and you can still see the icky snow! I hear that it is supposed to snow here again, but who knows! Those meteorologists aren’t always right! Working as a nurse on the medical-surgical floor, I supply my own scrubs, so that means I want to wear Spring ones during Spring. I am also into holiday scrubs! I just got that Easter one shown above! Isn’t it adorable!?!? I know I didn’t show any bottoms, but I can’t wait until I can at least wear capris and sandals. Sadly, I think I’ll be wearing pants for awhile and won’t be able to take my sandals out until all the snowy, muddy mess is gone!
Here are my rainbow tennis shoes that I adore. Whenever I wear these, people always compliment me on them. They’re colorful and fun!
I just got these boots not too long ago. They’re part of the Baretraps new Spring line. I thought they were super cute!
Sandals! I can’t wait to wear these lovelies! I love wearing sandals! Although, I will have to get my feet ready for sandal season by getting a pedicure! SNOW MELT!!!! Just not too fast, so that it floods!
Wearing headbands like these in my hair is perfect for Spring. Also, these don’t give me a headache like some other headbands. I got all of these at Maurices of course!
I got this purse on sale, and I decided that purple would be perfect for Spring. It is also the perfect size and the inside print is adorable! The color in real life is closer to the second photo. I got this purse at Herberger’s!
Just thought I should share with you all my favorite Spring Scentsy warmer. I have a ton of these warmers because I am a Scentsy consultant. These warmers melt scented wax using a lightbulb. This one is shaped as an egg and adorable!!! I of course, have a ton of favorite Scentsy bar scents such as: Jumpin’ Jelly Bean and Black Raspberry Vanilla.,
Here are a few (or 6!) of my favorite perfumes that I feel are perfect for Spring! I love perfumes! Although I can’t wear it everyday because of being a nurse, I love wearing it on my days off! The descriptions start on the top left to top right, and then bottom left to bottom right.
- Anna Sui La Vie De Bohème. You can find this perfume here. I love the scent of this perfume! According to Sephora the notes include: Turkish Rose, Pear, Red Berries, Dragon Fruit, Magnolia, Peony, Freesia, White Wood, Skin Musk, Red Raspberries, Vanilla, Sandalwood Accord. I think that it has a nice mix of scents: pretty, fresh, and sweet. It isn’t too floral which is always a plus.
- Katy Perry Meow. You can find this perfume here. I really love this perfume! The packaging is adorable for one thing! Who doesn’t love cat packaging!?!?! Notes include: top notes (Tangerine, Pear and Gardenia), middle notes (Honeysuckle, Lily of the Valley and Orange Blossoms), and bottom notes (Vanilla, Musk Amber and Sandalwood). I just think that this scent is very girly. It smells fruity, floral, and fresh. Love it! ❤
- Mark Night Iris. You can find it on Avon’s site here. What Avon says, “Its dark, mysterious beauty draws you in. Its scent surprises, lighter than you’d ever expect. This is Night Iris as it’s never been before, artfully blended with hints of water lily, exotic berries and purple freesia to add to its feminine allure.” I used to sell Avon/Mark and this is one my favorite perfumes from them. It smells amazing with feminine, fruity, and floral hints.
- Clinique Happy in Bloom. I got this little sample for Christmas. You can find the perfume at Ulta here. What Ulta says, “Everything we love about spring – in a bottle. Clinique’s upbeat floral fragrance makes your world sweeter, softer, brighter. Captures the feeling of a world suddenly in bloom. But just like the season, it won’t be here forever.” This is my favorite Clinique perfume and it definitely reminds me of Spring when flowers are blooming.
- Maurices Myliu. I love this perfume! I got it at my favorite store Maurices awhile ago. I can’t find it online on their site anymore, but if you’re in Maurices and see this perfume, I recommend checking it out. It smells amazing! I don’t even know how to explain this scent, but it is a favorite of mine.
- Avon Secrets to Keep. You can find this perfume on Avon’s site here. What Avon says, “A dreamy blend of fruits and florals. Whispers of sweet apple and juicy strawberry with a passionate heart of jasmine, white musk and warm sandalwood.” I love this scent! It smells fruity and floral, but mostly fruity. I definitely can smell the strawberry notes in it.
Going through my nail polish collection, I picked out these lovely colors. I am horrible at painting my nails so I don’t do it as often as I want. But, this Spring, I want to paint my nails more!
Glinda The Good Witch
Flower Beauty I Lavendare You!
Flower Beauty Good Bud-dy
Flower Beauty May Flowers
So that ends my Spring picks! Comment and let me know if you have tried any of these products! Also, don’t forget to check out all the other lovely blogs listed below that belong to this Facebook group.
- Michelle at Pretty in the East http://prettyintheeast.com/2014/04/01/beauty-fashion-spring-product-picks/
- Michelle of Beautiful Goodies http://beautifulgoodies.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/beauty-fashion-spring-product-picks-a-blog-hop/
- Kristina from The Feminine Files http://thefemininefiles.com/2014/04/01/my-spring-beauty-picks-aprils-blog-hop/
- Sammi at College Beauty Buff http://collegebeautybuff.blogspot.com
- Karen at Unpack the Box http://www.unpackthebox.net/2014/04/beauty-and-fashion-spring-product-picks.html
- Lisa at Subscription Therapy http://subscriptiontherapy.com/2014/04/01/april-blog-hop-spring-picks/
- Megan at Polished Portland http://www.polishedportland.com/2014/04/beautyfashion-spring-product-picks.html
- Brittany at The Beauty Deputy http://thebeautydeputy.com/2014/04/01/beauty-fashion-spring-picks-blog-hop/
- Anna Belle at The Anna Belle Blog http://theannabelleblog.com/2014/beauty/spring-picks/
- Jen at Jen Likes Polish (and Some Other Things)http://www.jenlikespolish.com/2014/04/beauty-and-fashion-community-april-blog.html
- Angela at I Am Your Beauty Whisperer http://themakeupslashphotographywhisperer.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/spring-product-picks-blog-hop-april-2014/
- Tess at Plastic Bows http://plasticbows.com/2014/04/01/spring-make-up-picks/