If you’ve been following me you know that I did a recent Lush UK Haul and I got a few of the Valentine’s Day items!
ITEM #1 Prince Charming Shower Gel
What Lush says, “With marshmallow root, Fair Trade vanilla and fresh pomegranate juice, Prince Charming will sweep you off your feet and carry you off into the sunset, leaving your skin silky soft and smelling lovely – the fragrance is made using a beautiful blend of grapefruit, sandalwood and geranium oils.” UK site here. US site here.
This is definitely a different scent from Lush. I kind of find a lot of Lush scents to be interesting if that makes sense. That doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing. I do like this scent, it just isn’t my favorite. I more smell the grapefruit and the pomegranate and don’t really smell that much marshmallow. It is pretty strong in the bottle, but once applied to the skin it has a nice more subtly scent.
- Made with fresh ingredients such as: grapefruit oil, sandalwood oil, geranium oil, and almond oil.
- Little goes a long way so even though it is a tiny bottle it should last for awhile.
- Nice lather!
- Expensive for a tiny bottle
- Limited Edition
- Parabens!!!! Not sure why Lush puts parabens in their products! Naughty Lush!!!
- Has Sodium Lauryl Sulfate in it!
I liked it, but I don’t feel the need to rush out and buy more even though it is limited edition. I am also annoyed with Lush that they have parabens in their body washes!
ITEM #2 The Kiss Lip Balm
What Lush says, A delightful, whipped up gloss made from luxurious and protective butters including Fair Trade shea and cupuaçu. This preservative free tinted lip gloss gives a touch of colour to the lips. It’s so easy to apply you won’t even need a mirror!” UK site here. US site here.
This was probably the item that I most wanted to get out of the Valentine’s Day Collection. I think that the packaging is adorable. I also wanted to try something from their lip product line that would have some color. I have tried the Honey Trap lip balm and I really like that one.
- The scent is sweet so it is perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- Great texture: light and airy
- Love the scent
- Not sticky
- Nice pink color with a hint of shimmer
- Limited Edition
- Packaging: I wish that it was in a tube or something different than a tub. I don’t like applying the lip product with my fingers or holding up the tin up to my lips.
- Lasting power quite isn’t there! I wish I could invent a lip gloss or lip balm that lasted all day!
I really like this lip product and I do hope that they bring it back next year. I like the nice feel that it gives my lips. I also really love the scent.
ITEM #3 Close To You Massage Bar
What Lush says, “This smooshable massage bar is beautifully fragranced with Fair Trade vanilla absolute. Inspired by the humble Jammie Dodger biscuit – as you peek through the heart shaped hole on top of bar you can see into the sumptuous white fondant centre.” UK site here. US site here.
So one time I was in a Lush store and the girl was very interesting in trying to sell me a massage bar. Well I never wanted one, until I decided that my boyfriend should give me a back massage and if I have this product well then he has too! You can use this product for more than a back massage, but that it my main use for it.
- Smells amazing! Reminds me of the scent from the Snow Fairy shower gel from Christmas time
- Super moisturizing!
- Fresh ingredients such as: organic shea butter, almond oil, and many more.
- Melts easily with touching skin temperature
- Now my boyfriend gives me back massages!
- My back smelled amazing for hours afterwards!
- Expensive which is normal for Lush
- Limited Edition
- Turns the skin slightly pink
I really do like this massage bar. Love the scent. I wish that it wasn’t limited edition, but honestly the massage bar will last awhile. I’ve used it once and I’ve barely made a dent in it.
ITEM #4 Neon Love Soap
What Lush says, “This is a unique soap with an uplifting, fruity fragrance. Bergamot and rosewood work together to create a rich scent, whilst fresh figs, passion fruit juice and soya yoghurt nourish and soften the skin. ” UK site here. US site here.
So with a Lush haul I of course have to get some soap! So I decided to pick this one up!
- Good scent! Smells very fruity. I mostly smell passion fruit.
- Moisturizing on the skin
- Has natural ingredients such as: fresh passion fruit, coconut oil, and a few others.
- Lathers well and makes light pink lather.
- My piece didn’t have a heart in it like how they showed it online. 😦
- You guessed it! Limited Edition!
I did like this soap, but I’m not going to run out and buy more of it even though it is limited edition. It has a nice scent, but it isn’t my favorite.
All in all I am glad that I got my chance to get the Valentine’s Day Collection because it’s going fast! I do think that Lush did a good job with creating this collection. My favorite items were the lip balm and the massage bar. Make sure you check it out while you still can! Comment and let me know if you’ve tried any Lush products and what is your favorite!
The Beauty Deputy