Since Halloween is almost here I thought that I should hurry up and get this post out.
Lush of course came out with some items for Halloween which are called “Creatures of the Baaaaaath.” There are two items and I decided to get both. They’re called Lord of Misrule and Pumkin. Lord of Misrule is a bath bomb which a popular Lush product that you drop into your bath that fizzles and makes your bath water smell amazing and is also good for your skin! A bubble bar is another popular Lush product that you crumble under the water stream as your bath fills to create bubbles.
Lord of Misrule Bath Bomb
Price: $5.95 each
What Lush says about Lord of Misrule: Lord of Misrule brings mischievous revelry to the tub with a spicy herbal blend of patchouli and black pepper oil. As it slowly froths in the water, hypnotic swirling silver luster is released and the deep green exterior soon gives way to a rich, wine-colored center.
So I filled up my bathtub and it started fizzing a greenish silver color as it was filling the tub with an amazing aroma. Lush describes the scent as a herbal blend of of patchouli and black pepper oil. It does smell incredible. You can smell the patchouli but I felt like there was a hint of cranberries too. I’m horrible at describing scents but believe me it did smell good. The effects of this bath bomb was amazing. This one fizzes super slow, then cracks open, then this gorgeous rich wine color comes pouring out which makes it a good Halloween themed bath bomb. Also there was crackling once the bath bomb was pretty much done dissolving which was a nice little surprise.
This is what my tub ended up looking like towards the end of the bath bomb dissolving but then turned into completely the dark red wine color.
I did take a video if you want to watch it. I know it is lengthy but that is because Lord of Misrule was a large bath bomb and fizzles pretty slow.
- Amazing scent
- Scent does linger on skin for awhile but isn’t overpowering
- Doesn’t clog or stain the tub
- Price: $5.95 is kind of expensive for one bath. But, you can cut it into pieces if you want to get more use out of it.
FYI: If you’re extremely sensitive to scents and aren’t a fan of herbal scents then you probably won’t like this. The scent does linger for awhile which I think is a pro, but not everybody would.
Lord of Misrule is not part of their permanent collection. Hopefully they will bring it back next year because I quite enjoyed it!
Pumkin Bubble Bar
Price: $5.95 each
What Lush says about Pumkin: Crumble this mischievous little character into the tub to lavish yourself in mounds of cozy bubbles and soft, beautiful orange waters on a cool autumn night. Pumkin shares its earthy, floral fragrance with our year-round Figs and Leaves soap!
Isn’t this bubble bar adorable? This bubble bar is Pumkin. Yes, I purposely left the P out of Pumpkin. It also smells amazing, smells like a nice Autumn evening outside. I have not used this product yet. But what I read is that is makes your bathtub a light orange and that you can use half the bubble bar if you want and you will still get a good amount of bubbles.
- Smells amazing
- Super adorable!
- Bubbles galore! (I have not used this yet as stated above but I have tried other bubble bars before)
- Price: expensive, but I don’t mind paying that because I love what Lush stands for!
- Fragile: Hard not to find one with the leaf broken off. But, oh well the leaf sits right in place and I’m sure you can’t even tell that it is broken off!
Overall, i love this time of year and I love seeing new collections come out. I did enjoy the Halloween selection, although I wish that the USA got all the Halloween products. Oh well! I hope you enjoyed reading this post. If you have followed my posts before you can probably tell that I love Lush! Let me know what you think and if you have tried any Lush Products!
- Trick or treat – The Halloween range is now in! (lushnewryblog.wordpress.com)
- Lush Halloween 2013 Will Get You In the Spooky Spirit! (beautyreflectionsblog.com)
- Put A Pumpkin In Your Bath – No, Really (refinery29.com)
- LUSH Limited Edition Halloween Items! (domesticgoddessathome.wordpress.com)
- Autumn Lush Haul (aperfectmasquerade.wordpress.com)