Working as a nurse and using the hospital’s hand soap and hand sanitizer can be really harsh on my hands. If I work more than a couple days in a row my hands will start shedding dead skin. I know that sounds gross but everybody looses a little skin cells from day to day but some more than others. So as you can imagine I need to use a lot of products to get rid of the dead skin and have soft hands. I have tried numerous products from Bath and Body Works, from Target, and also I tried a sea salt scrub. I ordered a few products from the company Lush and loved what I ordered so I decided when I was making a trip to Mall of America that I should stop into the actually store. A lady helped me right away and I told her about my dry hands. At that time my hands were also really red due to numerous times hand washing. She showed me a bunch of products to help and also helped me try them out in the store. They had awesome customer service and I will defiantly go back there every time I go to Mall of America.
Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub
“Coarse and fine sea salt scrub with organic lime juice to brighten and avocado butter to soften.”
- Scent: The scent smells refreshing. It reminds me of drinking a margarita at the ocean although I live in Minnesota so I don’t get to ever do that. You can definitely smell the lime but it isn’t too overpowering.
- Feel: it feels really nice in the hands, it is a sea salt scrub so it does exfoliate off all the dead skin. I used to hate this process in other products that I have tried because it didn’t feel the greatest but this product I feel doesn’t hurt during scrubbing. The sea salt component of the scrub is very fine whereas previous products I’ve used had large sugar crystals and larger sea salts, etc.
- Does wonders in getting rid of the dead skin and makes the hands super soft.
- You can use it multiple ways: body scrub or a face scrub. I have only used it for my hands.
- Tub seems to last a long time. I have used it numerous times and there is still a lot left. You only need a small amount of scrub for the hands, but if you used it for the body it would probably run out fast.
- Price: it is a pretty expensive product costing $21.95 for 4.2 oz. They also have a 8.8 oz for $31.95. I never see Lush sending out coupon codes or anything so you basically have to pay full price unless you get it in one of their kits that come out every now and then. These kits include a variety of different products for a cheaper price. You just have to check there website every now and then to see what is available for kits. But remember this product is handmade with fresh ingredients.
- Scent: the scent smells amazing. It smells like a bag of lemon drops. If you like lemon then you will like this product. The scent doesn’t linger long so if you’re not a big fan of lemon you can still try out the product.
- Consistency: has a smooth and thick feel to it so you only need a very tiny amount and it rubs into the cuticle nicely.
- Multiple uses: just because it says cuticle butter that doesn’t mean that you can’t use it elsewhere. You can use it on any hard or rough skin such as elbows, heels, knees, etc.
- Product will last me a long time. I have only used it for my cuticles so I have only made a dent in it and have a lot of product left.
- Price: it is a pretty expensive product costing $16.95 for a total of 1.5 oz.
- Scent: the scent is very subtle and smells like almond and cocoa butter.
- Feel/consistency: has a nice consistency not to thick and not to thin. Glides on nicely.
- A little goes a long way so it will last me a long time.
- price: it is a pretty expensive product costing $18.95 for 3.5 oz.
- Product is a little greasy so make sure to use only a tiny bit.
Here is another cream by a different brand- O’Keefe’s Company. I usually switch back and forth between this cream and the Lush helping hand cream during night or day depending on when I get off of work, but I always use my helping hand cream when I use the scrub and cuticle butter. I just felt that this hand cream was too important to not share.
O’Keefe’s Working Hands: the leading hand cream for people who work with their hands
“For dry hands that crack and split”
This hand cream was recommended to me by my uncle. He said that he used to get really bad cracked hands and this hand cream worked so well.
- Consistency: has a very thick consistency as seen in the photo above, but is easily blends into the skin.
- Price: the price is only $7.99 for 3.4 oz.
- Availability: This product is sold in a lot of hardware stores such as Ace Hardware and many more. It is also sold at Bed Bath and Beyond and Target. All you have to do is go to the website listed above and click on store locator.
- Greasy: the product is a little greasy, but not bad at all. Just put it on before bedtime or during relaxation time.
This is what O’Keefe’s company says on their website on how to use the product:
Apply Working Hands and Healthy Feet sparingly as the products are highly concentrated, and you do not need to use much to get optimal results. The products work best if applied at bedtime or after a shower or bath (ideally both). These are the most advantageous times because your skin temperature is a little higher during these periods, which optimizes absorption.
Overall I really do love these products. I think that they work very well for my skin. They may or may not work well for you. I am not affiliated with Lush or O’Keefe’s Company in any way. I just really liked these products and felt like sharing how I get soft hands.