Indigo Wild is a company that makes numerous products: soaps, laundry soap, hand soap, lotions, candles and many more. The main thing about this company that I really like is that they use natural ingredients that I don’t need to be a scientist to pronounce or understand.
Their slogan is, “Any more natural and you’d be naked.”
They’re also a cruelty free company which is always a plus for me!
Indigo Wild takes pride in that fact that their ingredients are natural and easily pronounced. If you look on the ingredient list on the products it says, “What’s inside? All-natural ingredients you can pronounce.”
Just for curiosity go find a regular body lotion or soap and look at the ingredient list. Do you know what most of the ingredients are? Does the list go on and on?
So did you freak out? Are you ready to try something natural?
One of the most popular items that Indigo Wild sells is the Zum Bar which is their version of the soap bar. One of the key ingredients listed is goat’s milk. I know what you’re thinking because I know when I was first introduced to this brand by my amazing cousin Amber I thought, “eeew goat’s milk.” But, hey would you rather slather your body with soap made with goat’s milk and essential oils or one of those unnatural soaps/body washes full of sulfates, detergents, phthalates, and parabens?
This is what Indigo Wild says about why they use goat’s milk: http://www.indigowild.com/GoatsMilkSoap/
“Goat’s milk offers an alphabet soup of vitamins. With its restorative vitamins, minerals and proteins, goat’s milk soap simply maintains the balance. And no worries for people who have allergies to usual dairy products or sensitive skin.”
Zum bar scents include: almond, tangerine-orange, anise-lavender, cinnamon, citrus-mint, clove-mint, coffee-almond, confetti, dragon’s blood, eucalyptus, frankincense-lavender, frankincense-patchouli, geranium, grapefruit, lavender, lavender, lemon & patchouli, lavender- mint, lavender-rosemary, lemongrass, lime-basil, mint, oatmeal-lavender, patchouli, patchouli-mint, patchouli-orange, rosemary, rosemary-mint, sandalwood-citrus, sea salt, tangerine-orange, and tea-tree citrus. There many be other scents but these are the ones listed in the 2013 catalog.
These products can be bought off of http://www.indigowild.com/ and are also found in a lot of grocery stores. Go to their website and click on the store locator button to see where these products are found near you. You can also go to their website and request a catalog.
So now that you have received a overview of the company here are some of the products that I ordered online and also bought at a grocery store.
Item #1 Zum bar soap
3 oz. $5.75
Scent #1 Almond
“Please you body’s sugar cravings with this bar’s candy-like sweetness and nutty undertones. Though tempting to eat, we recommend you share the wealth with your skin. The ultimate confection to help you complexion.” (Quote from the Indigo Wild catalog) http://www.indigowild.com/category/natural-soap/almond-zum-bar/
- Smells amazing
- Very moisturizing
- Does have the lather action that most people love without all those icky sulfates
- Has a cool design
- I do wish that it lasted longer but I did have it sitting in my shower so I probably wasted a lot of product, but if I got a soap dish container that would help. I will have to invest in one.
Scent #2: Mint (I used this before I took a picture…oops)
“Pure. Simple. Spearmint. Does your body what chewing gum does for your mouth…makes you extra kissable. Starts out soft, but wait for it..has a tingly finish.” (Quote from the Indigo Wild catalog) http://www.indigowild.com/category/natural-soap/mint-zum-bar/
- Smells true to spearmint
- Does have a cool tingly feeling on skin
- very moisturizing
- Once again has a cool design.
Item #2 Zum Face: gentle facial cleanser
4 fl. oz $10.00
“Zum Face Cleanser: Saponified oils of certified organic coconut, certified organic olive, castor, and certified organic jojoba, pure essential oils, tocopherol (vitamin e), sodium borate and vegetable glycerin.” http://www.indigowild.com/category/facial-products/lemon-geranium-zum-face-cleanser/
- has a good lather so makes the face feel clean without harsh ingredients
- Smells true to lemon and geranium which I think smells really good
- Has a pump for easy assess
- Only need a little amount
- Have had less pimples since using product
- Size (4fl. oz isn’t very much for a facial cleanser but since you use only a little bit it lasts a long time)
Item #3 Zum Rub: Almond
2.5 oz $9.50
“Rub your skin with the deepest, soothing immersion humanly possible. Reaching these super subsurface depths requires intense concentrations of certified organic sunflower oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil, beeswax, certified organic shea butter, goats milk, pure essential oils and vitamin E.”
- I must have a thing for the almond scent because I got this product in almond which I have to say smells amazing!
- The uses listed on the packaging
- chapped skin
- cracked heels
- healing scars
- poison ivy
- make-up removal
- bikini wax
- The main use that I have used it for is: make-up removal. It works amazing! It gets off my mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner, and also makes my eyelashes super soft. The first time I tried it for makeup removal I didn’t think it worked very well. But, if you take your finger and kinda make a few indents in the product it breaks up the top layer and it works much better.
Item #4 Zum Clean: Aromatherapy laundry soap
64 fl. oz $21.00
Scents: eucalyptus citrus, frankincense & myrrh, lavender, patchouli, and sweet orange.
“Tired of the chemical detergent spin cycle? Clean up the way you clean your skivvies with a handmade laundry soap. We’re talking a nudist colony of coconut oil soap for cleaning and 100% pure essential oils for an all-natural scent. Plus baking soda to remove stains and smells. You won’t find these dirty words: detergents, optical brighteners, chlorine, parabens, phosphates, petrochemicals or sulfates. It’s low-sudsing, super concentrated and great for high efficiency machines. Washes 32 loads in top-loading washing machines and 64 loads in high-efficiency machines.”
- I ordered 2 scents: patchouli and lavender. I have only opened my Patchouli one so far and have done numerous loads of laundry.
- Love the scent: smells very earthy.
- The scent does transfer to your clothes after washing/drying and does linger on clothing. I was on a trip to South Dakata and brought my pillow with. My mom was wondering why my pillow smelled so good. Well it was because I washed it in Patchouli laundry soap.
- I no longer have to use dryer sheets
- Clothes have no static
- My only complaint about this is the cap: its very hard to see the lines to see where you measure the amount of soap needed.
Item #5: Zum body shea butter & meadowfoam seed oil body lotion in almond
8 fl. oz $16.50
“Dandelion and red clover infusion in water, shea butter derived from certified organic nuts, meadowfoam seed oil, aloe vera extract, emulsifying wax, vegetable glycerin, certified organic jojoba oil, certified organic sunflower oil, extracts of carrot, hibiscus flower, echinacea, elder flower, angelica, sweet almond, avocado, sea kelp, ginseng, aloe vera gel, basil, coltsfoot and calendula, extracts of rosemary, marshmallow and chamomile, pure essential oils, hydrolyzed jojoba esters, potassium sorbate, passionflower oil, mango butter, oat bran extract, tocopherol (vitamin e), xanthan gum and carbomer.” http://www.indigowild.com/category/natural-lotion/
- Super moisturizing
- Great scent
- A little goes a long way
- Pump for easy assess
Item #6: Zum Kiss shea butter lip balm
0.15 oz $3.95
Scent: tangerine and vanilla (My vanilla lip balm is in my locker at work so I don’t have a picture)
“If you want to lock lips, first you have to unlock them. And we’ve got the key. Zum Kiss has a smackerel of certified organic ingredients for smooth, soft, moisturized lips: certified organic shea butter, certified organize grapeseed oil, certified organic beeswax, certified organic honey and pure essential oils. That’s quite the combination for unlocking. ” http://www.indigowild.com/category/lip-balm/
- This has got the be the most amazing smooth feeling lip balm I have ever used. Its beyond words on how good these feel on the lips.
- Very moisturizing
- They smell amazing and are true to scent
- Good price for a lip balm
I ordered a few more products besides the 5 items I shared but I haven’t been able to use them well enough to give my opinion on them.
Indigo Wild also has these products on their website that can only be bought online. Its called Zum Lab. These are products that can be tried out and then after indigo Wild receives feedback on these items from customers they will decide if it will get “a real Zum label.” Products include: under eye butter, shaving soap (I did try the shaving soap which I did not like because it was too hard to see what was shaven and what wasn’t ), facial mist, shampoo bar, bug rub, and many more.
Overall, I really do like the brand Indigo Wild and I will definitely be buying more products from them. I just wish that they were sold at more locations. I live in a smaller town so I have to usually order online and shipping isn’t the cheapest. I am not affiliated with Indigo Wild in any way. These are my own personal opinion of these products. I also would like to take a minute to say please be respectively and not post any negative remarks on my blog. Thank you for reading this and I hope that this blog entry made you want to go out and try Indigo Wild.
- Brand Review: Indigo Wild (thebeautydeputy.wordpress.com)